Here are just a few of the members of the Duke Community who have signed up as readers:
- Scientist in an R&D division of a cancer diagnostics company Received PhD in human genetics from Duke; write/edit reports on the clinical implications of mutations that are observed in a patient tumor sample.
- Senior Associate at RTI Health Solutions (Research Triangle Park, NC) Researches and writes about health outcomes in areas including oncology, opthamology, gastroenterology, and neurology. Former postdoctoral fellow at the Duke Center for Human Genetics
- Medical Director, Rice Diet Center, Duke Clinical evaluation and care of residential patients on Rice Diet Program
- NC State Epidemiologist, also served as Head of the Communicable Disease Control Branch with the NC Division of Public Health
- Communications director for the Department of Medicine, MA in medical journalism and focused on epidemiology of infectious diseases
- Researcher, investigating whether genetically modified or otherwise novel mosquito release is a good addition to vector control, experience with sterile insect technique for agriculture and involvement in international code of conduct for mass release of beneficial insects.
- Researcher, cancer stem cell research and toxicology
- Engineer to General Manager, joined Chemical corporation as engineer; moved to marketing department; went into general management and held positions such as: VP-GM films division, President Specialty Products, President Specialty Chemicals; after retirement, helped small companies and start ups.
- CPA, 25 years experience in the software and technology industry, primarily dealing with the global regulatory framework surrounding international trade; familiar with global governmental and NGA/OGA regulations covering trade; free-trade agreements (NAFTA, etc.); import-export process and economics, etc.
- Investment Banker, Have worked at a Wall Street firm in both the equity/stock research department and investment banking; now at small boutique investment bank specializing in healthcare and medical technology sectors.
- Research Scientist with Dow AgroSciences, current studies are in the area of formulation chemistry which involves application of physical organic and bioorganic chemistry.
- Analytical Chemist at Merck, working on drug development; also volunteer for National Science Foundation (as a proposal reviewer), United State Pharmacopeia (serve as an expert committee member), and American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists.
- Postdoctoral researcher, identification of structured regulatory RNAs and development of novel RNA targets for antibiotic drugs
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Mental Health Center of Denver Outpatient Child/Adolescent Psychiatry and Forensic Psychiatry
- Clinical psychologist, interest in the impact of global actions and policies on the health and welfare of populations; particular interest in PTSD and the impact of war acts on civilians (destruction, rape, wounding, displacement, loss of community and family) and how interventions can be systematically applied to reduce the devastated mental health of these victims.
- Clinical psychologist in an academic setting, current research focuses on post traumatic stress disorder, trauma, bullying, and dating violence, teaching in the area of child advocacy and policy, with attention to abuse and neglect and its impact on children, families and communities.
- Director of a Psychiatric Institute, grant writing experience for self esteem projects and healthy choice project
- Post Doc, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Uses neuroimaging and psychophsyical techniques to study the development of sensorimotor processing in children.
- Digital marketing/advertising managed the development of multiple mobile apps and websites, most recently for Delta Airlines, Volkswagen and Audi.
- Product management for a company that has both web based, mobile optimized and mobile specific apps.
- Strategy, Technology, and Innovation team at a management consulting firm. Manage and lead technology focused projects that integrate and implement cutting edge technology.
- Teacher of technical and scientific writing,
- Electronics designer in industrial controls, optical character recognition, aerospace computer design and medical device design, served as consulting design engineer in own sole pro