Here are some examples of “think-aloud responses” students have received in different courses participating in the Reader Project.
These “think-aloud responses” were recorded by readers in prior courses. Each includes excerpts from a longer response to the student paper.
Economics: Book Review
- COURSE Writing 20: The Science of Sunscreen
- ASSIGNMENT: Commentary
- READER: Duke alum; internist in private practice
Computer Science: Programmer’s Manual
- COURSE Comp Sci: Software Design and Implementation
- ASSIGNMENT programmer’s manual
- READER Associate Dean for IT in Arts & Sciences at Duke (former)
Environmental Science: Policy Brief
- COURSE Env Science: Environment and Conflict
- ASSIGNMENT Policy Brief
- READER Duke alum; Former managing editor, Ecological Society of America publications
Some readers give their feedback as a written response. To see examples, click here .